GitHub hosted an amazing game off competition last month. The competition ended on December 1st, and the judging began right after the deadline. There are almost 1337 number of forks of https://github.com/github/game-off-2012 . There’s a nice page that lists all the valid entries of the competition at http://pkukielka.github.com/ggo12-viewer. At this moment, the filtered page lists 192 valid entries.
There’s a surprising amount of games that use the Unity Web Player and Java applets. Besides my game, here are a few games that I enjoyed:
- Split! http://seld.be/split/
- Pappu Pakia http://khele.in/pappu-pakia/
- Release Cycles http://www.release-cycles.com
- PolyBranch http://gregbatha.com/branches/
- OctocatAttacks http://jonlim.ca/dev/match3/Match3.html
- Starforks http://volrath.github.com/game-off-2012/
Follow the hastag on twitter #ggo12 for the latest news. The winners of the competition will be announced in the next few weeks.